The Detailed Guide To Create User Centric Contentadmin
What is User-Centric Content?
One of the first and also the most important step that any business undertakes at the start of the business and even later is identifying its target customer. Without a clear idea of who you are targeting, marketing efforts will be a waste. A business will only be successful when it can understand its customers’ pain points and can provide effective solutions to those problems through its products or services.
Content is the medium through which businesses connect with their customers, therefore, any content which is created has to be done keeping the end-user in mind. Knowing at which point of the buying cycle our prospect is, we can create content which is useful, relevant and in the format that our customers can relate with.
How often have we as digital marketers heard the phrase “Content is King?” Umpteen times is my guess!!
Content can be anything from an article on a blog to a how-to-do video. Whatever the form of content, the ultimate aim of all content creation and content marketing activity is to reach the target audience and give them a solution to their query or problem. All businesses are striving to remain profitable and this is only possible when their target customers buy their products or services. User-centric content can be a surefire way of navigating a customer from the awareness stage to the conversion stage of the buying cycle.
Google has been coming up with various updates like the Panda update, Hummingbird update, RankBrain to name a few which have been focused on pushing creators to create quality and relevant content that is user-centric. Previously, your web pages could rank higher easily on the search engine results pages by incorporating keywords in your content but it is not so easy anymore. Though keywords are still important, unless the content can address a reader’s problems, Google will not rank it higher.
Importance and Benefits of User-Centric Content
Let us now explore why content needs to be user-centric:
1. Connecting with the right audience:
The starting point of all content creation should be the careful study and identification of your core audience. If you are creating content without a user in mind, it is equivalent to throwing a stone in the dark. Every business has its special audience or customers with their own needs and pain points. User-centric content can help businesses connect and form a relationship and trust with the relevant audience, and it becomes easier to sell to such a kind of customer.
2. Standing out on the web:
No longer can we get away with creating low quality and irrelevant content. With the overwhelming amount of content being put out on the internet every day, it is difficult to grab the attention of your audience unless you have something exceptional to offer. The attention span online is reducing, and if you are not able to make the connection with your readers in the first few seconds, your content will not be read. Only relevant content and high quality are only promoted by Google.
3. Offer solutions to audience pain points:
When creating user centric-content, we start by identifying what are the pain points of our audience. What are the questions they want solutions to? When we can offer solutions and value to such queries of our target audience, we establish a relationship and create trust.
4. Call to action
Understanding the audience and creating content which is useful to them goes a long way in making them take the action you want. Suppose you are a car dealership and you are launching a new model and you want people to visit you and buy a car, you can create content which is focused on providing in-depth information on the car along with highlighting how a buyer may benefit from investing in this car. Any car enthusiast, who reads this article will be motivated to come and check out the new car, and may after test driving even buy the car.
Process of Creating User-Centric Content:
- Creating User Personas: Identify your audience for whom the content is being created. Be as specific as possible. Create different user or buyer personas. Specify in depth the characteristics of each buyer persona in terms of demographics, job profile, likes, dislikes, aspirations, needs, etc. The more you understand your audience, the better you can create content.
- Problems and Solutions: If you want your content to be liked, shared and commented upon, you need to understand what the problems your target user is facing are. People, when they come across your content, want to know how it will benefit them. Identify a problem and try and offer a solution.
- Concentrate on the User: The reader or user should be the hero of your story. Put the focus on him. Businesses make the mistake of talking about themselves when they create content. Shift the focus to your customers.
- Benefits versus Features: Readers want to know “what’s in it for me (WIIFM).” People are more interested in knowing how a product or service can benefit them. So when creating content instead of focusing on the features highlight how those features can benefit the user. This way you can make the reader want to buy your product without even selling to them.
- Use simple language: Avoid simple and easily understandable language when writing online. Organize into paragraphs and bullet points. Avoid huge blocks of text which is a great turnoff. Be specific, relevant and create high-quality content without grammar and punctuation mistakes.
Conclusion: Content is the channel through which a business communicates with its customers. Content marketing can be an effective tool to boost sales and profits when used properly. It can be effectively used to inform, engage and convert a customer. Content creation need not be challenging any longer, it becomes easier when you have a target audience to focus on. Create user-centric content and see your business thrive.
Share with us your views if you found this article informative by commenting below.